Digital Asset Listing Framework
HOW WE DECIDE WHICH ASSETS TO LIST
At Coinbitco, we are open to listing inquiries. If your project fulfills the criteria listed below and you would like it to be considered for listing, please contact us at [email protected]. Your email should also include documentation that you consider relevant for facilitating the initial review of your project against the criteria listed below.
Note that all information or documentation shared about Coinbitco reviewing your project is not to be construed as creating any obligation or expectation that Coinbitco will list the project. The information you provide will be used to explore the possibility of listing assets on our exchange. Coinbitco may or may not respond to your inquiries.
Project assessment criteria outline
1.0 COINBITCO’S FOUNDATIONAL VALUES
Do the project’s mission and values align with those of Coinbitco? What are the project’s key value propositions and fundamentals?
Alignment with Coinbitco’s mission to enable freedom of exchange:
- Does the project give users more power over value creation and transfer?
- Is it a forward-thinking innovation with the potential to improve our financial system, create significant utility benefits and bring added value to the cryptocurrency community?
- How accessibly is the project’s infrastructure? Is it based on new infrastructure, an addition to existing solutions, or a replica?
Alignment with Coinbitco’s core values:
- Impact through Integrity – Did the project team demonstrate a commitment to the best interests of their users and the crypto space in general? Are they driven by a commitment to positive social change and strive to improve current systems?
- Success through Service – Does the project create products or services that have proven to provide value and have a high probability of long-term success both for the project itself and its users?
- Progress through Persistence – Has the project team demonstrated the dedication to work through adversity, proactively solve challenges, and stay focused through shifting (short-term) market trends?
2.1 KEY CHARACTERISTICS
What are the key characteristics and limitations of the underlying technology?
- The technology in question is: (1) a separate blockchain, (2) an addition to an existing blockchain, or (3) created from a hard fork.
- The number of nodes on the network is stable or growing while sufficient for a decentralized network.
- The network is scalable based on its technical features.
- The code is open-source and peer-reviewed, and records of development activity are public and legitimate.
2.2 GOVERNANCE AND ROADMAP
what are the project’s governance model and roadmap for future development?
- The structure of the project’s approach to introducing significant changes to the code and effective procedures for the resolution of conflicts.
- Key past project milestones, the value they added to the project, and possible delays in reaching these milestones.
- Key network developments and their expected impact on the technology.
How do the project handle tech vulnerabilities and possibly unethical behavior from users?
- The preventive measures used to deter unethical behavior on the network and third-party security audits conducted on the network.
- The methods and procedures of identifying and responding to security vulnerabilities within the network.
- The existence of an effective bug-bounty reward program.
- The existence of support for a compatible, secure, well-documented, reviewed, and tested wallet/custodial system or plans for its implementation in the future.
3.0 LEGAL AND COMPLIANCE
3.1 ANTI-MONEY LAUNDERING
Does the project support all the relevant AML procedures and fulfill the reporting obligations?
- The transparency of the network and the option of unrestricted exploitability with blockchain monitoring and forensics tools.
- Whether the project meets all relevant reporting obligations.
- Usage of the network and assets for the purpose of illegal activities, Dark Web activity or for the circumvention of any regulations.
- Existence of tools that facilitate the blacklisting of addresses on the network.
Is the project compliant with all relevant laws and regulations?
- Determine whether or not the asset is deemed a security.
- Whether the project’s assets are characterized as a commodity, utility token, currency, collectable, stablecoin, etc.
- Possible prohibition of the project in some jurisdictions or exclusion of a particular category of persons from participating in the offering presented by the project.
- Possibility for an increase in Btistamp’s legal exposure due to technical deficiencies with the project.
- Potential or existing conflicts of interest that could induce the risk of:
- Not complying with legal or regulatory obligations,
- Not fulfilling duty of care,
- Not observing professional judgment and objectivity,
- Engaging in unethical behavior and/or
- Obtaining improper advantage or treatment or cause the appearance of impropriety and reputational damage.
- Other legal considerations include pending or potential regulatory, criminal, or enforcement action, especially relating to the issuance, distribution, or use of the assets in question.
Are the project’s stakeholders and supporters assigned appropriate roles, have the necessary experience and execution capabilities as well as demonstrate appropriate engineering capabilities, community activity, and management capability?
- The experience, stability, and track record of the project’s leadership, duration of key personnel’s involvement, notable changes in leadership, and risk of reliance on a single person or entity for leadership.
- Whether the project’s team has sufficient size, adequate structural organization, development experience and the degree of centralization of the engineering team.
- The identity of other stakeholders in the project and support from traditional financial institutions, venture capital firms, or notable industry specialists.
- The size and activity of the project’s community, the nature of community management, the responsiveness of the team, and their methods of issue resolution.
5.0 BUSINESS AND ECONOMICS
Does the project have a solid and sustainable business aspect?
- The key functions, benefits and utility result from holding or spending the project’s assets within or outside the network.
- Whether the size of the addressable market is sufficiently large to enable scalability and network effects.
- Key business risks, state of the competition, and advantages of the project compared to both direct competitors and traditional market infrastructure.
Does the project support transparent and sustainable operations?
- The structure and transparency of the mechanisms for raising, rewarding and allocating funds for future development.
- The sufficiency of the project’s funding for the realization of its longterm goals.
5.3 ECONOMIC CONSIDERATIONS
Does the project feature appropriate incentives to ensure the alignment of stakeholder interests while minimizing potential conflicts of interest?
- The possibility of the project’s team or other contributors holding a substantial material interest in the project.
- Publicly available financial audits of stablecoins demonstrate adequate collateralization if the assets are pegged to an external value, or peer-reviewed code audits if algorithmically stabilized.
Supply, demand, and market adoption. Market dynamics of the DCA in question.
How is the issuance of new assets handled?
- The fairness, structuration, and transparency of the project’s asset supply creation.
- The nature of the supply: is it fixed, capped, or inflationary?
- The portion of the total supply available to the public, its distribution, and geographical concentration.
Does the project have the level of demand necessary to ensure long-term growth?
- The increase in demand after project launch.
- The number of active users of the product or service provided by the project.
- Whether there are stable or increasing trends in the number and volume of transactions conducted on the blockchain.
6.3 MARKET ADOPTION
Does the project show growing market adoption or a high possibility for future growth?
- Major crypto- and fiat currencies the project’s assets can be traded against.
- The size of and trends in the project assets’ global trading volume and the factors driving it.
- The number of sufficiently large dedicated market makers for the project’s assets.
- The distribution of trading activity by trading venues and geography.
- The value and dynamics of the network compared to similar assets.